On a whim, I downloaded the monthly expenditure details from the Department of International Development for August 2015, the most recent figures available.
Of interest are payments to:
- ClientEarth £246,171 Aid programme
- Climate Policy Initiative £32,500 Project delivery
- WWF £371,860 Aid programme, Asia, Caribbean and Overseas Territories
- World Resources Institute £867,847 Aid programme grants, Policy division
- Solar Aid £239,875
- Environmental Investigation Agency £69,416 Aid programme grants, policy division
I don’t know about you but you could get the impression that a great deal of what DFiD reports as overseas aid spending is actually bungs to environmentalists.